100 Facts - Human Body
|Author:||Steve Parker; Miles Kelly|
|Series:||100 Facts on Ser.|
100 Facts Human Body book for kids is bursting with exactly 100 awesome facts, mind-blowing images and fun activities to help children learn everything they need to know about our amazing body systems.
100 Facts Human Body book for kids covers key topics about our anatomy in interesting numbered facts. Information is accompanied by amazing illustrations and photographs that put unbelievable facts into context for young learners.
Essential topics covered in 100 Facts Human Body:
- Human development from a single cell to a full-sized adult
- Vital body parts and clever organ functions
- How to be fit and healthy
Examples of 'I don't believe it' fascinating facts:
- The human body never grows as fast again as it does during the first weeks in the womb. If the body kept growing at that rate, every day for 50 years, it would be bigger than the largest mountain in the world
- A scalp hair grows for up to five years before it falls out and gets replaced.
- The brain never sleeps EEG waves show that it is almost as busy at night as when we are awake. It still controls heartbeat, breathing and digestion.
Activities to make learning accessible and interactive include:
- Ask a friend to hold a ruler vertically and hover your hand near the bottom. When it is released, grab it as fast as you can. How fast did you react?
- Quiz question: Can you match these blood parts and vessels with their descriptions?
- Listen to your heartbeat with a homemade stethoscope made out of a plastic funnel, a tube, tracing paper and sticky-tape
Author: Steve Parker
Consultant: Dr Kristina Routh MB ChB
Dimensions: 9 X 12
Format: Paperback with holographic foil